As part of our commitment to online safety for our community, St Anthony’s Primary School will be sharing many initiatives and resources from the eSafety Commissioner’s website.
The demand for the eSafety Commissioner’s parent and carers webinars prompted them to develop the 2021 series to support school communities. These live webinars explore the latest research and they are a great way to learn how you can help your child develop the skills to be safer online.
This Term 1 webinar will provide parents and carers with the tools to support young people to have safe and respectful online relationships. It will also offer advice about what to do when things go wrong.
It is designed for parents and carers of young people aged 11–18.
- starting conversations with your child about their online friendships and positive ways to deal with changing relationships
- understanding the rights, laws and community expectations that govern social media use
- where to seek help if your child is involved in a cyberbullying incident.
eSafety’s parent guide to cyberbullying and online drama
- Thursday 10 March 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Tuesday 15 March 12.30 to 1.30 pm
- Wednesday 23 March 7.30 to 8.30 pm