The safety of all of our students is a priority at St Anthony’s Primary School. The beginning and ending of school days are busy times for pedestrians and drivers, it is important that we are always putting the safety of our students first. Drop-off and pick-up rules are in place to keep children, parents, and caregivers safe while also reducing speed and traffic congestion around schools.
To assist us in this endeavour, we have compiled a list of points to keep in mind during these busy times:
- Never double park – it is illegal and puts children at risk. The council will issue fines for double parking
- Never call out to children from across the road – it is very dangerous
- Always take extra care in 40km school zones
- Follow all parking signs – these help keep your child as safe as possible
- Park responsibly even if it means you have to walk further to the school gate
- Never do a U-turn or a three-point turn outside the school as it puts children at risk of harm
- Model safe and considerate pedestrian and driver behaviours to your child
- Always give way to pedestrians particularly when entering and leaving driveways
- Remember to please be patient and try to remain calm at all times
We would also like to clarify that the ‘Church Car Park’ is not to be used as a kiss and drop, this means your car must be parked and Parents/Guardians are to walk and collect their child from either the gate or coned section in the church car park.
Please communicate directly with your children to ensure they meet you at the arranged gate. Children need to be supervised at the end of each school day by our staff. Once your child/children recognise that you have arrived to pick them up, they will be instructed to safely exit the school premises.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school office on 8099 7800.