To celebrate International Day of Mathematics, spend some time as a family trying to complete these math challenges!!
FOUNDATION, GRADE 1 AND GRADE 2
HOW HAVE THESE NUMBERS BEEN SORTED? (Adapted from ReSolve)
Have a look at how Hugo and Kayla sorted some numbers in the Venn Diagrams below.
- What heading would you give to the numbers in KAYLA’s green circle?
- What heading would you give to the numbers in KAYLA’s blue circle?
- What makes KAYLA’s groups different?
- Why is 81 inside both of KAYLA’s circles?
- What heading would you give to the numbers in HUGO’s pink circle?
- What heading would you give to the numbers in HUGO’s yellow circle?
- What makes HOGO’s groups different?
- Why is 161 inside both of HOGO’s circles?
GRADE 3 AND GRADE 4
TESTING CLAIMS – ALWAYS, SOMETIMES, NEVER (Adapted from Nrich)
In this investigation you will be exploring whether claims are always, sometimes or never true.
- Read the following claims and decide if they are always true, sometimes true or never true.
- How do you know?
GRADE 5 AND GRADE 6
NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST
Using google maps or other resources name some landmarks or places that are North, South, East and West of St Anthony’s.
CHALLENGE: Can you locate landmarks or places that are North-East, South-East, South-West and North-West of St Anthony’s?